Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday Beach Trip

Guess what this week is??!! MY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!! woop woop!!
I just got back from Destin, FL last night to celebrate some birthday fun with some of my best girlie friends. We had such a good time. Great weather, great food, and most important great fellowship and fun!

I figured I would do a post on some of the new summer beachy products I used this weekend. Below are some of the products I found myself grabbing for on a daily basis and am really loving right now.


Ok, so from left to right I am going to give a brief review on what I think of each of these products.

CLINIQUE TINTED MOISTURIZER:
After having two of my friends, Amanda and Alison rave about how much they liked this and how it gives that "no make up look" I decided to try it. I wanted a light weight foundation for the summer and this is great. It blends really well and moisturizers your skin which is great if you have been out in the sun and are peeling.

BUMBLE & BUMBLE SURF SPRAY:
This is a recent purchase I bought. Read great reviews on this product at Sephora. I have very thick naturally curly/wavy hair and in the summer I love how my hair looks after being in the pool or ocean. This product has salt-water in in so it give you volume, curl, and fullness for that look of just getting in off the beach. It smells great too! I will post pictures later of what my hair looked like after using this! I will say if you have really thin or straight hair I'm not sure how great this will work on your hair type. I do feel like you need some natural wave or curl in your hair for this product to be effective.

FLOWERBOMB PERFUME by Victor & Rolf
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perfume right now!! My friend Alison got me hooked on this stuff. It is kind of pricy. However, she and I opted on doing things the cheaper way and bought a mini sample of it on Ebay. For me this is the perfect summer scent. It's sweet, but not too sweet has a clean and almost powdery smell about it and it's not too strong. I prefer much lighter perfumes and this is perfect for me. I was a big fan of Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana which is super light. When I have this on I am constantly sniffing myself and saying....
MMMMMMMM, I smell goood!

NARS Illuminator:
Great product under or over blush to give you a fresh dewy summer look. I have two samples I am playing with right now in the Super Orgasm shade and Copacabana. Super Orgasm is a peachy pink color and Copacabana is a glistening pearl. This product is great would be great for a night out or just by itself over your foundation if you wanted just a hint of color and a dewy look. The Copacabana is a highlight color so it's going to be just to highlight areas... not giving color.

GARNIER SURF HAIR:
Good texture paste to mix with the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray for added texture and style. You only need a small dime size amount. Rub the paste in your hands good and scrunch or twist around hair.

FREDERIC FEKKAI BRILLIANT GLOSSING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER:
This was another Alison product! She recently bought some sample containers of this and we both tried and really liked. There is olive oil in this line and gives it a unique and clean smell. Great shampoo for silky soft smooth touchable hair! We both really liked it.

CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE:
This is the best lightweight oil free moisturizer for every day use. It is a cream gel that gives your skin a burst of hydration. This product has gotten great reviews and I highly recommend it. You can even use it as a 5 minute mask if you are wanting to really hydrate your skin.

Summer is such a fun time of the year to play with new products, colors, and just be carefree with your look!

Happy Shopping!
Happy Playing!!
Happy Summer!!

Soak it in and enjoy this marvelous time of the year!


1 comment:

  1. I left a comment yesterday, but I don't see it, so I'm trying again. That comment said "Happy Birthday!!" as well as...

    I've been looking for a new foundation, so maybe I will try the Clinique tinted moisturizer you like. I am out of Bare Escentuals and was thinking of trying Mac or Bobbi Brown liquid foundations.

    Also, I think you should do some before and afters, new makeup looks and I am volunteering to be your first model!!

    Love ya, Brookie!!

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya