Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's Ok Thursday!


Hey Ya'll... I am doing a new post today and linking up with Neely.
So, here's to my first It's Ok Thursday...

It's OK...

That I had $20 in my banking account this week and booked a trip
to NYC with 3 girlfriends for next month! (Savings account)

To be sad that my roommate of 5 years is getting married and
moving out in December, but I am really looking forward to living
on my own and being a big girl!

That I haven't changed my cat Harley's litter in a month, but I still
want a puppy really bad! (gross I know)

That I spilled coffee all over me and my Brookstone blanket this morning.

That I am learning at 27 years of age that it is REALLY ok to be
very honest, open, and vulnerable with your friends and cry like a baby
when you need to and it doesn't make you weak. Being composed and put
together is way over-rated!

That I really enjoy my job b/c of the flexibility and bonus perks, but am
SO over it and may be ready to move on.

To DESPISE tweezing my eyebrows even though they look horrific!

To be excited and nervous that I am making an appearance in a dance club
this weekend for the first time in 3 years and I am driving my car b/c I'm
not sure I can make it past 1:00 am!

To thank God every day for blessing me with the most AMAZING
friends and family in the world... and also realize some friends that you
thought were a good friend really aren't as great as you thought and maybe they
only want to be a friend when it's convenient for them!

That I can't wait to see my Mom today b/c she is treating me to a mani/pedi!!!

Happy Thursday to ALL!

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable!!! I loooooove it. I also love your blog header. I probably need something like that. : )

    http://southernbabblingbrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having money in the bank is HIGHLY overrated :) and if you never cried in front of your friends, I might start thinking you are a robot or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post!! very "real." It makes me feel normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog post!! It is totally okay to feel and say all those things! I also want to say that "It's Okay" to just be you because that is the friend and girlie I am in love with!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww..these are great and i love the savings account comment..fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya