Thursday, July 28, 2011

E.L.F.


Did you know you can get quality products for a DOLLA?!

Really, a dolla you say?!

Yes, Yes. Make-up, tools, skincare etc.

Target has a beauty line they sell called E.L.F. Sadly, it's not the Will Ferrell character
that we love in the green suit. It stands for Eyes, Lips, and Face. Most of their products retail
for under $5.00! If you are in the mood to play around with some different shades, or maybe
you have a daughter or niece or cousin that wants to start using make-up, but
you don't want to invest a lot of money into high end products then I think this stuff is
great. It has the look of professional products and packaging for a bargain price.

They have a 12 brush set for $12.00!! That is a DOLLA per brush. Crazy cheap. Brushes can be
so expensive.


I cannot speak for all of their brushes because I have only bought one, the foundation
brush... but, for a dollar it worked just fine!

Here are a few of their products that I have bought and my opinions.


Foundation brush.
Retails for $1.00. I have used it for foundation and concealer.

Studio Blush in Pink Passion
Retails for $3.oo.


It's a very bright matte pink. Looks a little scary and too pink, but I have really
loved this blush this summer. I use it all the time. I would not recommend swirling
your brush around in this b/c it does show up bright on your face, but if you simply
lightly dab your brush in it a couple times and sweep on cheekbones it looks great.
Perfect for giving color and brightening up your look.


Eye Shadow quad in Teal Dream.
Retails for $1.oo.
Ok, for the eye shadow... not really my fave. To me it felt really cheap... maybe b/c
it was $1.oo I was thinking this stuff can't be good. ha. I didn't think it blended
very well and the colors were not pigmented at all. But, like I said earlier if you
want to experiment with colors or want to give this to a little girl in your life that
would appreciate having some make-up to play with then I think it's great for that.
These also could be great to travel with. You get four colors in one small little compact.


Fake Eyelashes
Retail for $1.00
First pair of fake eyelashes I have ever bought and I still can't get the blasted things on!!
I need some serious 101 from someone that can assist in this area.
Fake eyelashes are obviously not something I would wear everyday, but for a
special event or occasion they can punch up your look a few notches.


Cleansing Clothes AKA Lazy Wipes
Retails for $3.00
I love lazy wipes. I can get addicted to using wipes b/c they are so convenient and you
can multi-task while washing your face! You don't have to stand in front of a mirror and scrub
your face down, rinse, dry, moisturize. So many steps. But, good one's I might add.
You can lay in bed and watch tv all while getting the make-up off your face! :)
These puppies are GREAT for traveling!

So, for all you bargain gals out there you may want to try out some of E.L.F. 's
products! Their stuff is exclusively sold at Target or on their website.

If you try or have tried anything from their line let me know!

2 comments:

  1. E.L.F.'s blush and bronzer duo is GREAT! And also, if you haven't tried the Wet-n-Wild palettes, you DEFINITELY should!! Cheap and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya