Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Rewind. What's in my Bag?

Hello Lovelies!

Hope you had a great weekend... it's almost February... crazy, huh? Is it crazy that I am
a little excited about painting my finger nails red, pulling out some pomegranate
gloss and sporting some festive outfits?! Ha. I mean it's not like I'm going anywhere to
sport the reds for the month of love, but I can do it just cuz, right?!

So, this weekend I was on a mission to try out some drug store foundation. I am
almost out of my Make Up Forever HD foundation that I bought back in the fall and b/c
I'm not 100% convinced that I am going to repurchase I wanted to get a cheaper alternative
to hold me over until I decide what I want to try next.

I went into CVS with mom and was headed for the Revlon Color Stay foundation after
hearing great reviews on coverage, staying power, and the fact that it has two formulas
(dry and oily) based on your skin type. So, I find it, open the bottle, and was instantly turned
away from it. Guys, it was so watery and runny I just couldn't begin to fathom how that was
going to set into my skin. I was really disappointed b/c the girl who recommends it I love
and trust, but I showed my mom and we both were like no way... this can't work.

So, my next item on the list was Loreal. Heard of a couple different foundations that are
worthwhile, but settled on the Loreal Magic Souffle simple for the fact that it was on
sale for $9.99. : )


The packing is kind of nice. It's in a glass container with a pink top that twists off.

It has a very unique texture. Not a liquid. Not a powder. It is very whipped and creamy.
Very lightweight in texture. It's actually really nice.

I've used it once since purchasing on Saturday and the first thing I noticed after blending
is how much more of a matte finish it gives than the Make Up Forever. It almost has
more of a powdery finish. I'm not opposed to the look b/c I do have combination skin
and can get a bit oily in the T-zone so it may actually be a good finish for me.

In case you are wondering or not familiar with the brand Make Up Forever... it is
a brand exclusively sold at Sephora and one of the things they are know for is
their HD (high definition) products.

The Make Up Forever HD foundation I have been using is a liquid foundation and is
much more runny/watery and gives off a bit more luminosity to the skin that
the Loreal.

I bought the shade Buff Beige and it seems to work great for my skin.
My mom helped me pick out the color. I am TERRIBLE at picking out foundation
shades at the drug store. One of the reasons I never buy drug store foundation and powders
is b/c I never know if I'm getting the right shade.

It can really stress me out. ha.

As I'm checking out I see this EOS lip balm. Stands for Evolution of Smooth.
I've just heard they are great moisturizing balms and I really don't own
anything like this so I decided to get and possibly keep in my nightstand for before bed.

They are all natural.
Infused with Vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil.

This is the Summer Fruit scent.

I did go home this weekend to spend some time with the parentals and for those
of you who don't know my parents live in Jasper, AL and there is this really
great boutique store there I like called Carol's. They are located inside the Jasper Mall.

They had some spring things out and I was drawn to this coral/peachy top/dress.
I think it will be cute this spring (with some color on my skin) and some gold jewelry
and maybe black pumps?! I'm not sure what kind of shoes to wear with this.

Coral is the shade of the upcoming season in case you haven't heard!! Love it.
Such a pretty color!! I'm SOOOOO ready for Spring/Summer. Gosh, once New Year's
is over I am SO blasted over the winter and cold.

The company that makes this dress is Hourglass Lilly in case you wanted to research
their merchandise.

Hope you have a great week!
Did you buy anything unique or fun this weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya