Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Reveals (Day 1)

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS!!!!!

I hope your 2012 has had a great start and you are filled with renewed minds, hearts,
and spirits to be determined to make this year better than the last.

After my "Dear Santa" posts I thought I would update you with some things that
Santa did bring me with some reviews!

If you read my blog often you know that skincare has become a new priority for me and
researching the best products for my skintype.

I have heard SO many good things from friends, youtube subscriptions, and reviews about
the Philosophy line sold at Sephora. Their Purity facewash, Hope in a Jar moisturizer,
and Help Me retinal cream are all award winning products among many other
things they sale.

Last year I bought a sample size bottle of the Purity face-wash because I wanted to see what
all the hype was about. Honestly, when I tried it I was not crazy about it. The formula
is one that does not foam up and give you bubbles and all that jazz. For me that's
important b/c it makes me feel like my face is getting really clean. Their cleanser
however, does claim to be a one step process. It dissolves dirt, makeup and other
impurities in one step. No toner, scrub etc needed afterwards. Although, I don't
discourage that.

But, after talking to Rachel and her love for all their products I decided to give
everything a try together. So, the Great Skin Is In Set was added to my Wish List.


Great Skin Is In™ - Normal to Combination ($105 Value) Philosophy
VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY PHILOSOPHY

Great Skin Is In™ - Normal to Combination ($105 Value)
What it is:
A set of skincare essentials for normal to combination skin types.

What it is formulated to do:
Great skin is always in. This routine helps you achieve the best skin of your life in three easy steps. Used together, these products promote a healthy, radiant-looking complexion while balancing skin that's dry in some places, oily in others.

This set contains:
- 8 oz Purity Made Simple
- 1.05 oz Help Me
- 2 oz Hope In A Jar Original

What else you need to know:
The Help Me night treatment contains retinol to soften the appearance of fine lines.



As you can see you get the cleanser, moisturizer, and retinal cream. I have been using
this combo pretty consistently through the holidays and I'm really liking it.

If you haven't heard of "Hope in a Jar" Oprah listed this product as one of her
favorite things. : ) You guys know how I am with products that get celebrity buzz.
The moisturizer has a nice clean fragrance that's really nice. My mom asked me one day
after I had applied if I put some perfume on? Ha. It took me a second to realize it
was the moisturizer, but she thought it smelled really nice. It almost has a whipped
texture to it and just melts into your skin. Super light and blendable. I will say I am a
HUGE fan of the Ole Henriksen line and LOVE their "Sheer Transformation"
moisturizer. I don't love the "Hope in a Jar" more than OH, but if that changes
I will let you know.

The retinal cream "Help Me" is an anti-again cream that is to be applied before
Hope in Jar. It is designed to keep pores clean and minimized, reduces wrinkles
and discoloration and boosts tone and firmness. WOO HOO!! Yes, Yes, please
bring that on!! Love the research results! :)

Research Results:
In an eight-week independent clinical study, clinician grading showed:
- 100% of subjects had improvement in fine lines.
- 100% had smoother skin.
- 94% had improvement in wrinkles.
- 88% had firmer skin.


So, overall I am very happy with using this line. It's easy, affordable, and promises
great results.

Thank you St. Nick for boosting my skincare process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya