Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Face of the Day

TGIF!!!! 

Well, we made it to Friday and I hope you have fun weekend plans ahead. 

Today's FOTD is going to be a three in one... product review, holiday look, and fotd. 

With the Holidays right around the corner I have tried a few looks that would be fun
to wear to a Christmas party, out and about, or just chilling with your family. I like this look
because it incorporates a soft gold eye with a wearable (in my opinion) red lip. I know some 
people have a hard time sporting a red lip and if you are used to wearing a more neutral lip
it is a big change, but this one to me is a little more natural. 



 Face picture with a flash 
(you can see the colors a bit more vibrant)


Face without a flash in natural lighting

Key products used in this look:


On my cheeks I applied Benetint, a rosy lip or cheek stain that
gives a very natural flush of color. 


After applying the cheek tint I applied this light pink blush by NYX in 
Rose Garden to set the liquid. 


For lips I used my new Covergirl blastlipstick lip duo in Smooch.
I have been curious to try this after hearing some good reviews and seeing all the
Sofia Vergara commercials.

This lip product is unique in that it is supposed to make your lips look
3 Dimensional as you use two colors. One shade is shimmer and the other is a matte cream.
 The darker shade is to be applied all over your lips and then
 the lighter color to the bottom center of your lip and it's supposed to give your
lips more depth.


Darker shade in Smooch.
It's kind of a brick red. It's not a bright cherry red at all.


Lighter shade in Smooch. 
Lighter peachy/pink. 

I have to say I do like the blastlipstick... it's very long lasting and has more of a matte finish
which I prefer. It does make for a more unique lip with the two shades incorporated. These 
retail at your drugstore for $8.

Other products used for this look:

Face:
Clinique Even Better Foundation
MAC Soft & Gentle Highlighter 
(blush included above)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Naked Palette in colors Halfbaked (all over lid) and 
Buck (in crease)  
Loreal Gel Liner in Black 
Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara

Lips:
Listed above. 

Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya