Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Wishes

I don't know about you guys, but I'm over winter. After Christmas and New Year's
I am so ready for spring/summer and the beach! 

I'm feeling bright colors, tan skin, and warm weather. 

So, with that said I have been taking notice of all the new spring lippies that are 
coming out! I have a few that are on my wish list that I can't wait to get my hands on once 
I am ready to actually wear them! 

I will start with the new Clinique chubby stick intense. You may have tried the original 
chubby stick that was a moisturizing color balm. I never personally bought one of these, but
did swatch them at the store. My impression was that they were not extremely pigmented and 
would give a more natural look. So, I wasn't that impressed and didn't want to spend the $16
on a glorified lip balm. 

BUT, now Clinique has recently released the Chubby Stick Intense moisturizing color 
balm and these are a different story! I've done my research and people are loving these things. 
They are highly pigmented with color and still give off the moisture you would want
with a balm. : ) yay! 

The two colors that I want for spring are the Plushest Punch (raspberry pink) and the color
I am most excited about is Heftiest Hibiscus (bright coral). How pretty would that coral
be with a nude eye, some black liner, a pop of orange/coral blush and bam that bright bold 
lip! I get so excited thinking about make up looks. DORK! ha. 


Another lippie that I have heard great things about is in the new Maybelline Vivid Collection.
Shocking Coral is the shade that has caught my attention. I'm feeling the corals and oranges if you
can't tell for this spring/summer. Plus, I feel like brunettes with a good tan can really wear 
that color well and it pops against really dark hair. 



I grabbed these pictures of the internet since I don't personally own these yet. 
Here is what the packaging looks like if you are interested in finding these are your local
store. 




Here are four gorgeous bright pinks/corals. 
Shocking coral is the 3rd from the left! It seems to be a pinky/coral that is brighter in 
person than it comes off on this picture. I think if you wanted to tone it down a bit you 
could add some lip balm to sheer it out. 

I'm so excited for bright fun lips this spring!!! What are your favorite spring 
lip colors to wear?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya