Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Rewind. What's in my Bag?

Happy Monday and start of lent week for those of you who will be
practicing this year.

This will be my last "What's in my Bag" post for about 6 weeks because I have
decided to give up SHOPPING for Lent this year. AGHHH!! It is going to be
SO very challenging and I'm not sure I can do it, but I think it's what I need to do. I'm going
to do a post this week on more details of why I decided to give this up for Lent and my
guidelines for what it will consist of. So, look for that if your interested.

So, a few things I picked up this weekend are as follows:


I had a gift card to Macy's left over from Christmas and decided to finish it off with
a few Clinique items. My pores around the apples of my cheeks have really grossed
me out lately. Maybe I just haven't payed attention before, but I feel like they
have gotten bigger. Anywhoo, talked to the lady at Clinique counter and she
recommended this to me and said it can also serve as a foundation primer.

The good thing about the serum is it not only conceals the size of your pores when
applied , but it actually has ingredients in it that treats the problem as well. So, in
6-8 weeks the sizes of your pores should be reduced. yay!


I have been using the Philosophy skincare line after getting for Christmas and am
loving the Purity facewash along with Hope in a Jar moisturizer. When talking to
the Clinqiue lady about my pores she asked me how often I was exfoliating?! And
I really haven't been. So, she said you need to bump up that to 3-4 times a week.

To keep things consistent with the brand I am already using I decided to jump in
Sephora and grab the Philosophy Exfoliating Wash. OH. MY. WORD. do I
love this wash!! It is one of the most gentle exfoliating scrubs I have ever used
on my face. It feels amazing and has a very light clean smell.

This retails for $25 in the 8 oz container I picked up, but if you aren't interested in
paying that much Aveeno has a Skin Brightening Daily Scrub that I think
is very comparable and can be bought at your drugstore.

Lastly, is the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in this Eggplant color
called Aubergine. I don't think I have ever used a gel liner and decided to try
this brand after being so impressed with their new Color Tattoo shadows. I thought
this eggplant color would be fun since purple looks so good on brown eyes.

This liner also comes with a brush applicator.

If I like I may grab this is some other shades. (of course after Lent) :(

Have a wonderful day and Happy President's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I figured I had told you about the exfoliating skin wash?! I keep it in my shower and wash with it in the mornings.. life changing!!!! Also.. WTH is up with your blog? It's all funky looking? or is that just me?

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya