Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Loreal Review


Well, Hello there. Long time no see, huh?! I'm going through my not wanting
to blog phase that I often hit... boo. But, I've been thinking about trying to do a
post per day with a review. What do you think? I have said often that I blog about
things I want or buy, but feel like I don't do as many actual reviews on these products
and give my feedback.

I don't know why I didn't do this during Lent when I wasn't shopping... this would have
been a perfect project, but sometimes my ideas are like a great afterthought.

Anyway, I'm going to try to commit to doing more reviews on products I own and
am currently using and give my opinions of why I love them, hate them, or am
indifferent on.


I have been using Loreal Magic Souffle Foundation for a couple of months now
and can honestly say I LOVE it. I bought this as a back up foundation for some of my high
end stuff I use and in the process has become my new fave!! This can be purchased at any drugstore or Target or Wal-mart for around 11-15 dollars.

When I first started using I wasn't in love with it b/c it does have a much
different texture that what I had been used to. It does have a whipped
souffle feel to it. It leaves my face with more of a matte powdery effect and at first I didn't
like that. I had been using Make Up Forever HD foundation which had a much more
dewy luminous finish. After using for a few weeks I really started to love the way my skin
looked when wearing this foundation. I never felt like I got oily or shiny and my
skin just had a very natural even tone to it.

When first applied you may think your face looks a little too matte or powdery, but just
let it set into your skin and do it's job and see how great your skin/face looks later in the day.
I think you will be impressed!

(see texture above)

I apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (sold at Ulta) or with my
fingers for a more natural finish. I have been picking this foundation over a very high
end foundation I bought at Sephora by Hourglass. I just am in love with this foundation
and what it does for my skin.

Loreal claims that this foundation:
"Creates a flawless , silky, even toned finish and when applies daily will achieve
smooth poreless perfection."

I feel like it does all of those things. I am been struggling with feeling like my
pores around my nose and the apples of my cheeks are much more visible. Maybe
I just didn't notice them that much before, but I do now! Gross! I feel like this foundation
does a FANTASTIC job at making pores look so much less noticeable and just overall
great tone!

My shade for the winter months with no tan has been Buff Beige. I will definitely be
re-purchasing this again for the summer and will go up a shade or two.

Have a Great day! Let me know what foundations you have been loving lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya