Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Rewind. What's in my Bag?

So, Easter has come and gone. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with those
closest to you. I mentioned this in my last post, but Easter is truly one of my most
favorite times of the year. I feel like it's the holiday that kicks off spring which means
bright colors, fun dresses, warm weather, long days, and summer right around the corner.

I truly am the happiest this time of the year. LOVE Spring. I had a great weekend with
my parents. It was laid back and busy all at the same time. My sweet Maltipoo and I went
home Friday night and stayed until Monday morning. My parents have had a really rough
time lately b/c they had to put their mini schnauzer to sleep the week before last. She
was truly their little world and not having her in the house is so sad and lonely. So,
having sweet Millie around this weekend seemed to lift their spirits and bring some joy
back into their lives. :)

So, how did Lent go you ask?! For those of you that don't know I decided to give up
shopping for Lent this year. I felt like it was something I needed to do and really challenge
myself to not spend and shop and use those resources in other ways. SO... I did
really well the first 5 weeks. Only bought things that were essential to my needs and then
comes the week before Easter and it's like everything just kind of went out the window.
I CHEATED. I BROKE LENT. My friend Rach told me I was the worst Jesus ever!!! ha.
I would probably agree with statement. I surely don't pretend to be Jesus and praise Him
who has bestowed so much grace and mercy into our lives. Practicing Lent is such
a reminder of how weak we truly are. How easy it is for our hearts to stray. How we
are constantly in need of a Savior because sinning is so easy. Now, do I think I sinned by
breaking Lent? No, I do not. I'm not going to be legalistic with this... b/c at the end
of the day it's a challenge I set before myself. I don't think God loves me any less b/c
I bought a few dresses the week before Lent ended, but it does show me how thankful
I am for Christ and that He was committed to his mission for us! He was committed to
bearing the sins of the world and obtaining the wrath of a Holy and Just God so that
you and I could have Hope that we never deserved! Praise God that he is so merciful. I
will never understand his unfailing love and redemption, but my heart is overwhelmed
with thanksgiving for what HE has done!

While at church the Lord spoke to me with a verse in Matthew 10:8
"Freely you have received freely give."
This truly says it all and the message of Easter!
Amen!

So, here are a few pictures from my Easter weekend....


Millie the Maltipoo got her Martha Stewart Easter bunny toy on Friday.
She. Loves. That. Thing!!! It's so cute!


I picked up some Tea Cake cookies from a local bakery here called Edgar's.
Mom and Dad really enjoyed snacking on them. They are so good.
Not too sweet.



Easter Dress is by Rachel Roy at Macy's. I'm really diggin it. This was one of
my purchases that broke Lent. If you haven't seen any of Rachel Roy dresses at Macy's
you should check them out. They are all so fabulous. A little on the pricy side for me,
but if you can find a way to wear it to several events worth the money!

And Millie's purple pastel bow in compliments of Pet Smart!! : )

Hope you had a great Easter!

1 comment:

  1. It really is a pretty dress!! And Millie is adorable. No one is going to send you to jail for not following through on Lent, nor do I think Jesus or God loves you any less. I'm going to Hey Tell you the story of me talking to Addy about Easter and how Jesus died for sins... hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya