Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mary-Kay

I went a little Mary-Kay happy this summer by trying some of their skincare products.
I have a friend that lives in Jasper, AL that just recently became a Rep for them.

Can I just do a quick shout out for women starting a home based business?! I think it's such
a great thing! Gives women the opportunity to have income, flexibility, and for those
that are mommies the ability to stay at home! Of course not everyone that sells Mary-Kay or
any other home based business are stay at home moms... for some this is extra income to
make ends meet, but regardless of the circumstance I think it's great and I
encourage you all to support women doing this!

If you have resources and funds to help someone out that is starting a new business...
DO IT!! It's hard work and they could use your help! Ok. End of spiel.



If your like me I have never been super interested in Mary-Kay products. They kind of
have this stereotype of being dated, uncool, and un-accessible. You don't read or see
a ton of Editorial write ups about their products and you don't see all the latest celebrities
promoting their stuff. BUT, that doesn't mean they don't have great products. Mary-Kay
has really done a lot to rebrand and repackage. I must say... they have come a LONG
way in their packaging. It looks great.

So, the products I have bought and am currently using are as follows:
TimeWise Eye Firming Cream (Best-seller)
TimeWise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation (spring 2011 award for O Magazine)
TimeWise Even Complexion Mask
Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover (Best-seller)
TimeWise 3 in 1 cleanser (Best-seller)
TimeWise Age Fighting Moisturizer (Best-seller)

The products I have been most impressed with so far are the matte wear foundation,
even complexion mask, and eye firming cream. My eyes can be somewhat sensitive
after removing make up and I have been so impressed that the eye cream does not burn
at all when applying after removing eye make up. The foundation is great! It gives a little
more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but with more oil control.

I'm not as impressed with Eye Make-up remover as I was hoping I would be. I had heard
great things about it and it's good don't get me wrong, but I feel like the cheap over the
counter stuff works just as good. I have been using the Neutrogena stuff for long time and
love.

So, there you have my two cents about Mary Kay. If you know someone in your area that is a Rep try out some of their stuff and help them at the same time! If you don't know anyone
I will be more than happy to refer you to someone who can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya