Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Rewind-What's in my Bag?


It's that time again!! Time for what you say? For my second addition of

WEEKEND REWIND... WHAT'S IN MY BAG!! Duh!

Ok, so let me start my saying I am really sad b/c I recorded my own little video for
you guys to showcase all my new stuff... I thought it would be more exciting and change
things up, but it won't upload! : ( I'm going to have to take my computer to the Apple
store pronto. Something seems to be wrong lately.

Ok, so enough of that... here are the products I picked up this week/weekend.


Clinique has a new cream shadow called Lid Smoothie. They are an 8 hour water resistant
shadow that dries to more of a powder finish! I bought one of these in the color
gingerly. If you look at the picture below gingerly is the neutral champagne honey
color. It's a gorgeous nude color that you can pair with a matte brown in your crease!
If you have tried the Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow it is similar to that, but different. I used the color, "rock violet" a lot last year. I personally like the new, lid smoothie better
b/c it dries to more of a powder finish. They have a taupe color in this line called sassy-fras
that is soooo pretty that I would love to try as well.


BLUSH!! I've really been feeling cheek products lately. So, I have been on the hunt
for a while for a great light pink/rose colored blush. I have corals, hot pink, and other
shades, but nothing in a pink/neutral. So, I originally bought the Maybelline FitMe
blush in the color "Medium pink." I tried it one day and was so disappointed... it was
so sheer you couldn't even see it on my skin. So, I returned it to Ulta and picked up this Lorac
blush in the color "Velvet Rope." I have been eyeballing this blush for a month or so.
It's a baked matte blush and it's pigmentation is incredible! It takes just a light
dab of this on your brush for it to go a LONG way! When I was exchanging the Maybelline
for Lorac the girl at the counter was like... oh, you are going to be so much happier with this blush! And yes, yes I am!
Another Clinique purchase. Belk has their gift going. This eye duo is called "spruced up."
I will say... I believe this is my favorite purchase of the week! I have been wanting an
olive green color for fall. You know what made me decide that? Did you watch this past
season of The Bachelorette? Well, Ashley had green on her eyes quite often and it made
her brown eyes look GORGEOUS!! So, I was happy to find this duo. I have used it for
the past few days and LOVE it! I really feel like these colors made brown eyes really pop!
Picked up this Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush at Target Circles on clearance.
It was $12.99 and was marked down to $3.84. Actually using this for concealer.

Another cheek product! Told you I was into cheeks! This is by Jemma Kidd and it's called
"Dewy glow all over radiance cream" in the color "rose gold." I learned about
this product on youtube from my girls, Pixiwoo. It's a great summer product for
highlighting your cheekbones to give you that dewy fresh glow to your skin!

Target started selling her line this spring, but you can't find this product there. I bought
mine from a company called www.b-glowing.com. I think this product could
last you a lifetime b/c it only requires a bit of this to get the look you want!

Whaaaaa? Another nail polish! Yes, oh yes! So, I am going to Destin, FL this weekend
with family and a best friend and her little boy. I wanted a color that said tropical and
this one does it. It's by Essie and it's called "Turquoise and Caicos." I think I bought
this shade as much for the name as the color. ha. Yes, I wanted a blue color b/c it is
a bit more out of my comfort zone, but the name makes me happy. I have been planning
a Caribbean vacation for the girls in my life.. mom and nana... and we actually looked into
visiting Turks and Caicos! We ended up picking Mexico instead, but maybe another time
I will get to visit the real Turks other than on my nails!


So, there you go. Hope you enjoyed this week's edition of What's in my Bag!

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to wonder if you are an eyeshadow and blush addict. I figured the Naked Palette was enough! Can you come play and we can do videos of tutorials for different eye looks?

    ReplyDelete

About Brooke


What’s The Story, Brooke?

I'm Brooke. Brooke Story to be exact... hence the title of my blog. I'm southern, still barely in my twenties, and have a few too many lip glosses in my purse.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs


Looking for something?

almay Banana Outlet Bangs Bar 111 bath and body Beach Beauty Wishlist Benefit Cosmetics Birthday BLOG INTRO Blush Palette blushes bobbi brown bronzer Brushes Burt's Bees Butter London Candles Celebrity Chanel Cheeks Christmas Reveals Clarins Clean Powder Clinique Concealer Conditioner Cover Girl Dear Santa Decor Destin Dior dresses dry shampoo E.L.F. Easter elf Essie Estee Lauder exfoliaters Eyes Face of the Day Fashion Favorite Things Finding Mr. Bright First Impression Food foundation Fresh Friday Face of Day Friday Product Faves Garnier Girl Meets Pearl Give-Aways GOD Gucci Flora Guess Classic Tote Hair Handbags Harley HAUL Hermes High Beam highlighters Holidays Home It's Ok Thursday iTUNESday Tuesday jemma kidd Jergens Natural Glow Jewelry Laura Mercier Lips Lorac Loreal Loreal Magic Souffle LUSH MAC Make Up Forever Make-Up Routine Makeup Mayfest Mally Mani Pedi Mary-Kay Mascara masks Maybelline Maybelline Bouncy Blushes Maybelline Color Tattoo Maybelline Olive Martini MEMORIES Merle Norman michael kors millie moisturizer My Style Monday nail of the day nails Nars New Year's NYC NYX ole henriksen OPI organization Outfit of the Day over the taupe Palettes Perfume Pevonia Philosophy Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush Pippa Middleton Pottery Barn Hastings Table primer Product of the Day Purses questions and answers Rachel Roy Random Thoughts Reunion Reviews Revlon Revlon Lip Butters rimmel Sephora Shampoo Simple skincare Skinsonic Snakeskin Sonia Kashuk spring St. Tropez Tanning Stocking Stuffer ideas storage Tanning Target Tarte Thursday Threads Travel Treats Trends Tuesday Trends Tweezers Urban Decay watch WEDNESDAY WISHES Weekend Rewind What's in my Bag Wet n Wild Palette Woodwick Zoya